Whether you’re going to a new city or are traveling across the street, moving to a new place is always exciting. Don’t let this excitement ruin the stress of packing, moving, and safely transporting your goods to your new home. Due to lack of experience and manpower, you may get injured or damage your goods. Hire a professional to help you and make your relocation process easier. To contact and hire trusted packers and movers in Delhi, hire through AssureShift, a trusted moving company referral portal.
If you decide to move on your own, unload your goods first and sort them into fragile, kitchenware, electronics, etc., to determine the necessary packing materials and Purchase enough packaging supplies to pack all of your goods safely. Pack goods according to packing and labeling requirements, to track your goods, prepare your goods checklist.
How to pack household items?
- Items: Antiques, Photo Frames, Cutlery, Showcases, Glassware, Ceramics, Lights, Cups & Plates, Art Objects, etc.
- Packing materials needed: foam, bubble wrap, stuffing material, inflatable air bags, cardboard boxes, adhesive tape and labels
- Packaging: For protective packaging of your sensitive goods, pack in multiple layers. Wrap fragile items in styrofoam and cover with 1-2 layers of bubble film. Carefully place them in a cardboard box and fill any excess spaces with an inflatable air cushion, packing peanuts or heat-glue balls so they don’t move inside the box and break. Seal the box with strong tape and mark it as ‘Fragile’ so you know what it contains and handle it with care.
- Items: Crib, cabinet, sofa, chair, dining table, study/computer desk, side table, corner shelf, kettle, etc.
- Packing materials needed: suitable removal tool, edge protection foam, plastic wrap, moving blanket.
- How to pack: To ensure safe movement of your large/bulky furniture, you must disassemble them first with the right tools, small furniture does not need to be disassembled. After disassembling, protect the corners of the furniture by placing edge protectors with foam, then wrap them with plastic film and cover with a movable blanket.
Note: You should hire packers and transporters in Mumbai to do this work as you don’t have the right knowledge or experience. Furthermore, they offer insurance, so in the event of any damage you can make a claim.
Electronics and equipment
- Items: Air Conditioner, Geyser, Refrigerator, Blender, Kettle, Washing Machine, Microwave, TV, Dishwasher, Induction, Fan, etc.
- Packing materials needed: cardboard box, packing peanuts, packing tape and labels.
- Packaging: When you buy any electronic device, it comes with a dedicated cardboard box; pack your devices in those boxes. If you don’t have these, use an appropriately sized box. Use foam sheets and bubble wrap to wrap electronics before packing, and fill in the excess space by packing peanuts or heat-glue balls. Tape the boxes and label them.
- Items: jewelry, documents, financial relief, laptops, etc.
- Packing materials needed: Ziploc bag, backpack/travel bag, file, label.
- How to pack: To avoid losing your precious jewelry, sort them into different categories like earrings, necklaces, rings, necklaces, etc. Pack them in a Ziploc bag and remember to take them with you. Keep all your important documents, proof of identity, etc in one file and label it. Keep your jewelry, laptop, important documents, wallet, etc in your backpack.
- Items: Personal care, Medicines, Toiletries, Baby food, Baby goods, Suitcases, Power banks, Power banks, Flashlights, etc.
- Packing materials needed: ziplock bag, cosmetic bag, backpack/travel bag.
- How to pack: Pack all your personal care and toiletries in a cosmetic bag, medicine and baby food in a zippered bag. Other things like clothes, chargers, flashlights, etc don’t require much packing, so get yours and put them in your travel bag/backpack.
- Objects: stoves, cylinders, steel boxes, plates, plates, glasses, cutlery, knives, ladles, containers, etc.
- Packing materials needed: Cardboard box, carrying bag,
- Packing way: Cartons, steel crates are strong and do not need to pack much. Pack your small kitchen items (cutlery, knives, ladles, etc.) into large steel kitchen containers and place them in sturdy cardboard boxes that can withstand the weight. Separate the gas stove from the bottle and pack the burner and hob base into a carrying bag.
- Items: Clothing, Shoes, Accessories, Books, Bedding, Curtains, etc
- Packing materials needed: cardboard box, suitcase, large transport bag, accessory bag.
- How to pack: Common household items such as clothes, bedding, shoes… do not need to be carefully packed. You can pack them in bags, suitcases etc that you carry with you or use large cardboard boxes/handbags.
You are finally moving into your dream home. Do not be too attached to the job of arranging furniture to move house, it will lose interest in moving house and potentially take great risks when moving house alone. Hire a packer and transporter as they will complete your moving task quickly without causing any damage to your goods/property and take full responsibility for your move. . To contact the best carriers and packers, hire them through a referral portal from a trusted shipping company like AssureShift.