- How to share screen on FaceTime on iPhone and iPad?
- How do I take over screen sharing from others?
- How to stop sharing your screen on FaceTime?
- How do you share your screen on FaceTime on Mac?
- How to stop screen sharing on Mac?
Have you ever tried to explain something to your friends, but it was hard for them to understand because the two of you were communicating via FaceTime? So wouldn’t it be better if you could share your screen with them and they would know exactly what you’re talking about? Of course, it will be.
But the question is how to share the screen on FaceTime? Obviously sending them every screenshot would be a bit tedious. This is where FaceTime’s screen sharing feature can come to the rescue. Learn how this works and how we can share our screen on FaceTime.
Do you know?FaceTime was announced back in 2010 by the owner of Apple, Steve Jobs. Since then, it has been one of Apple’s most used features.
How to share screen on FaceTime on iPhone and iPad?
If you’re using FaceTime with your iPhone or iPad, here’s how to share your FaceTime screen:
- To get started, start a FaceTime call on your device.
Note:To start a FaceTime call with an Android or Windows user, you need to create a connection and ask them to join the video chat.
- Tap the screen to open the menu, then tap the share option. The FaceTime sharing screen looks like a rectangle with a person on it .
- Click share my screen.
- When you’re done, a three-second timer will appear and then a black window with your initials will appear on the other friend’s screen. After 3 seconds, your shared content will appear on your friend’s screen after opening an app or website, or you can simply swipe up to show them your home screen.
- Now click on the app or document you want to share. If you want to show a web page, just go to your Safari app or any other browser and your friend will be able to see it when you see it on your device.
- You will be able to see other people in a smaller window, you can even move this window as per your requirement. Just keep in mind that your screen sharing will stop when you tap their screen.
The image above shows how the other person on the call will see when you start sharing your screen with them.
With FaceTime screen sharing, one or more other people will be able to get an exact view of your device, the view you have. But this is just one way to share the screen with FaceTime; What if you are in a discussion and want to take over someone who shared their screen? Can you share your screen on FaceTime by downloading from others? Let’s see.
Also read: iPhone not sending SMS to Android? Here are some quick fixes
How do I take over screen sharing from others?
If someone is currently on their screen sharing call and it’s your turn to take over, here’s how to share your screen on FaceTime:
- During a FaceTime call, tap the screen to locate the FaceTime controls.
- There, click the SharePlay icon that looks like a person with two arcs behind.
- Click Share my screen.
- Then a window will appear asking if you want to replace the current shared screen, from there click replace existing.
- Other callers will then see your initials on their screen until you swipe up and go to another app or website on your device.
And here’s how you can easily start sharing your FaceTime screen and get it from others. But this is about how you share your screen on FaceTime, what about stopping screen sharing on FaceTime? Let’s learn something about that too.
How to stop sharing your screen on FaceTime?
Here’s how to stop FaceTime screen sharing:
- In the upper-left corner of the screen, tap the active call icon, then tap the share screen icon again.
- Then you may face the problem of iPhone camera not coming back after sharing is done. In this case, click the FaceTime app, then click the camera icon inside the app. This will solve the problem.
Do you know?According to a survey conducted by Forbes, Apple FaceTime calls are the top #2 Apple feature users use the most, while interactive photos take the top #1 spot.
Now, go ahead and learn how to share your screen on FaceTime on Mac.
How do you share your screen on FaceTime on Mac?
While working on a Mac or a desktop Mac, we may want to share something with colleagues, friends or family. But transferring it to our iPhone and then screen sharing via FaceTime would be a bit odd. That’s why I’ve mentioned some steps below to easily share FaceTime screen via Mac or desktop:
- Start a FaceTime call and hover over it to get FaceTime controls.
- There, click on the screen sharing icon.
- There, you will have an option whether you want to share a single window or the entire screen.
- If you’ve decided on a window, you need to select the window you want to share.
- But if you’ve decided to share your entire screen, then just click anywhere and others will join and be able to see your screen as it is.
And you’re done, go ahead and learn how we can stop screen sharing on our Mac.
Also Read: Facing iMessage Problems? Here is the solution
How to stop screen sharing on Mac?
To stop FaceTime screen sharing on Mac:
- Go back to your FaceTime window and click the screen sharing icon.
- A window will appear on the screen asking if you want to change the window, screen, or stop sharing the screen. Tap Cancel and then on the screen to stop sharing.
And you’re done. Well, it’s all about FaceTime screen sharing as Apple is known for its image quality, user interface and responsive touch, and without a doubt, all of them are unmatched.