International Women’s Day is an opportunity to remind potential customers about you and your products. Many people buy gifts for the holidays, so they can take advantage of great deals received in their emails. The main thing is to properly organize the advertising campaign and present it in such a way that it appeals to customers. To do this you can use some Women’s Day email templates from: https://selzy.com/en/blog/international-womens-day-email-campaigns-templates/. But first decide what product you want to offer your customers and who will be the target audience for the email.
How effective is the International Women’s Day mailing list?
In fact, up to 90% of men buy gifts for this holiday. Therefore, an advertising campaign specifically for March 8 can be very effective. After all, most modern customers prefer to order in online stores so as not to waste time visiting physical stores. Therefore, sending a letter before the holiday will allow you to achieve several goals at once:
- warming up the target audience;
- increase the level of sales;
- introduce to the audience specific products and services (suitable for vacations).
The biggest advantage of email marketing for International Women’s Day is its ability to increase customer loyalty. Many people are happy to receive personal greetings or discounts in honor of the holiday. Because of this, the relationship with the seller also improves. At the same time, the probability that a customer will order from the same store next time increases.
Shipment preparation rules until March 8
If you created a newsletter for International Women’s Day, analyze last year’s results. This step will avoid the mistakes you made before. You can also choose a specific holiday campaign strategy. For example, for some stores, the CTR option works better. In this case, the recipient is invited to click on some element in the message (for example, a banner or a photo). Others prefer the Open Rate strategy. In this case, the focus is on the most open letters, because statistics show that these options are the most attractive to potential customers.
Prepare an address database for the holiday mailing list
Before mass sending promotional emails, it is necessary to clean up the recipient base. Need to get rid of people who haven’t opened promotional messages for several months. Such people only lower your overall rate and ruin your reputation (because they lower your mailing list engagement rate). Divide all other subscribers into three groups:
- active customers – such people should receive a personal discount or some other personal reward;
- last year’s customers – to bring them back to the site, it is necessary to remind them of the favorable holiday offers they have used before;
- users are inactive – they just signed up for the mailing list but never purchased, so it’s better to attract them with gifts and other rewards.
The same subscription may not be in different categories. Otherwise, it will not be possible to streamline the mailing list, which will affect the overall results of the campaign.
Build a sequence of letters
To get your customers’ attention first, you need to send them a few letters. In this case, sending should start a few weeks before the holiday (best option is 21 days). The potential customer will then have time to choose a specific gift, compare prices, and other important actions. Below is an example of a series of letters that could be sent before International Women’s Day.
- February 25 – reminders of upcoming holidays and seasonal discount announcements;
- February 27 – send instructions for choosing gifts with categories by category (can create a separate CTA button for each category, then it will be easier to track customer preferences);
- 01/03 – send matching gift list (based on customer’s prior mail response);
- March 4 – send a timer (when the sale ends) with a detailed description of how to order on the page;
- March 7 – offer to buy certificates online (a great solution for those who don’t have time to order gifts in advance but want to please their loved ones);
- March 8 – best wishes to customers on International Women’s Day.
Use pleasant floral themes when designing letters. Also, try not to repeat the sale: try to make the newsletter include a unique set of offers.
Content to include in the newsletter
The main rule for creating a content plan is taking into account the interests of the target audience. Here are some examples that might grab your customers’ attention.
- creative ideas. Offer to use the products featured in your catalog for purposes other than their intended purpose. For example, create a fun tutorial that uses building tools to create the perfect romantic evening.
- Gift collection. Try to include products that are popular and suitable for each recipient without trying them out. For example, these can be sunglasses, scarves, bags and the like.
- Survey results. Ask your employees what gifts they would like to receive and provide a complete list to customers. There will probably be something on the list that works for the user.
If you don’t sell goods, but offer some kind of service (e.g. online training), then use a different strategy. Show your recipients how successful your graduates have been and invite them to follow the path to success with your help.
How to create an attractive email subject line
It has been proven that the subject of an e-mail directly affects whether the user opens it or not. Therefore, in honor of the holiday, try to come up with something especially original. Here are some tips to help you do that.
- Use emoticons. Add holiday-related emojis (but only if this approach suits your company’s style).
- Don’t use too many words. This is important because most customers viewing emails from mobile phones only display about 30 subject lines.
Important! The theme should be original, but not too fancy. After all, if the user doesn’t understand your humor or analogy, they simply won’t open the message.