Gmail is the world’s most popular email service provider with 1 billion monthly active users from around the world. The reason is very clear; Its outstanding features and simple interface have attracted a large number of users over time. Even when I started my email journey, I was suggested to create a Gmail account because it is very easy to log in and access your email whenever you want.
Furthermore, Gmail offers quite a few ways to sign in, and you can choose whichever suits your situation.
Table of Contents Method-1 Sign in to Gmail on PC via Browser Method-2 Sign in to Gmail on mobile Method-3 Sign in to multiple Gmail accounts at once
Method-4 Sign in to Gmail using guest mode. Method-5 If Gmail’s two-step verification is enabled
Method 1 Log in to Gmail on your computer via a browser
Surely most of you have the habit of logging into Gmail with a browser like Google Chrome because of the convenience it brings. So here are the simple steps to access your Gmail account in the browser:
- Type the URL www.gmail.com into your browser to go directly to the official Gmail website. You will have two options – one is to set up a new Gmail account and the other is to sign in if you already have one. To begin the registration process, enter the email address or phone number associated with your Gmail device in the space provided and click ‘Next’.
- The next step is to enter the password in the given text space and click ‘Next’. The password will appear as a graphic icon so that no one else near you can see it; if you want to check if you entered the correct password click the button around.
- Entering the correct password will allow you to successfully log in to your Gmail account and you will be redirected to your inbox.
Method-2 Sign in to Gmail on a mobile device
If you’re in the habit of checking your email on your phone for updates on the go, you can even sign in to Gmail on your mobile device. However, you only need to sign in to the Gmail mobile app once, not every time you want to check your email. From next time, just tap the app to access the Inbox.
Be sure to install the Gmail app for your device (Android, iPhone, or iPad) before signing in.
- When you open the Gmail app on your device, you’ll see a welcome page; press ‘Skip’ to continue.
- The next screen will ask you to add an email address; Click that option.
- You can choose from different email giants available like Yahoo, Outlook etc., as Gmail allows you to use multiple accounts at once, but to sign in to Gmail, tap on ‘Google’; the first option you see.
- You will now be asked to enter the email address or phone number associated with your Gmail account and press ‘Next’.
- Then enter the password you set for the account and press ‘Next’.
- Click ‘I Agree’ to accept Google’s terms of service.
- If you wish, you can allow data backup to Google Drive by clicking ‘Accept’. That is all; you will be signed in to your Gmail account on your mobile device.
Method-3 Sign in to multiple Gmail accounts simultaneously
On the computer
Gmail allows you to sign in to multiple email accounts at the same time and without the need to switch browsers or stay anonymous. Once you’ve signed in to your main Gmail account, here’s the process you need to follow to sign in to another account at the same time:
- Click on your Gmail account’s profile icon and click ‘Add another account’.
- You will be redirected to a new login screen and the rest of the process is the same as before; just enter its email address and password and you will easily manage two Gmail accounts at the same time. Not just two; you can sign in to multiple email accounts the same way.
On mobile devices
If you want to sign in to another Gmail account on your mobile device, you can also do the following:
- Open the Inbox and tap the profile icon; then tap the “Add another account” option.
- Tap ‘Google’ while adding another Gmail account.
- Now just enter your email address and hit ‘Next’.
- Enter your password and press ‘Next’.
- Click ‘I Agree’ to accept Google’s terms of service.
- You can then switch between your two Gmail accounts at any time by tapping the profile icon and selecting one of the accounts.
Similarly, you can sign in to as many Gmail accounts or other email accounts as you like using one mobile device.
Method 4 Sign in to Gmail using Guest Mode
To stay safe and secure, Gmail allows you to sign in in guest mode if the computer you use to access your email account isn’t yours. It often happens that you want to log in to your personal Gmail ID using an official computer or in a network cafe and you are concerned about your privacy; using guest login mode can save you. Here’s how to use it:
- To sign in to your Gmail account as a guest, open Chrome and click your profile icon in the upper right corner and click ‘Guest’ from the options in the list.
- A new window will open where you can simply log in to your Gmail account as usual without leaving any traces like browsing history, cookies etc. However, it will save all your downloaded files. To exit guest mode, simply close the window.
Method-5 If Gmail’s two-step verification is enabled
If you’ve opted for Gmail’s two-step verification, you’ve certainly added an extra layer of security to your account. However, it will also add an extra step to the Gmail login process. If you’ve enabled 2-step verification for Gmail, you’ll need to enter the code sent to your mobile device after entering your password to complete the authentication process.
How to Sign In to Yahoo!
Sign in to Gmail
Login via Facebook
Login via mail AOL
Login via email Sbcglobal