|Key points: 1. You can quickly recover deleted Yahoo emails from the ‘Trash’ folder.2. You can send requests to Yahoo for emails that cannot be found in the spam folder.3. Remember that recovery isn’t always successful, but it’s still a good idea to try.
Keeping your Yahoo inbox neat and orderly is no easy task. In the process, I even lost some important emails that I deleted because I thought they were not important. Has this ever happened to you?
We all have the habit of deleting emails that are not useful to us; However, it can be scary when you accidentally delete an email that is important to you. But no need to worry if you are a Yahoo user. Yahoo provides an easy way to recover permanently deleted email. In this article, I will walk you through all the possible ways Yahoo provides to recover deleted emails, either temporarily or permanently.
Solution to recover or recover permanently deleted Yahoo email
Solution 1: Recover deleted Yahoo emails from trash
The ‘Trash’ folder can be a lifesaver for you, if you’re in the same situation as me. All deleted Yahoo emails will first go to the ‘Deleted Items’ folder, but they won’t stay there forever.
“Note- Emails located in the spam folder on Yahoo will automatically be permanently deleted after 7 days; so you have to be very quick in recovering them.“
Here are the steps you need to take to recover deleted Yahoo emails that are still in the trash folder:
- Sign in to your Yahoo account with your username and password.
- Once you log in, go to the ‘Mail’ section
- Then in the left menu you will see some options click on ‘Deleted Items’.
- On the right, you’ll see all the emails you’ve deleted in the last 7 days. Check the box for the one you want to restore or return to your inbox. On top menu you will see ‘Back to inbox’ option click on it.
- This will restore all selected deleted emails to your Yahoo account inbox.
Solution 2: Check the storage directory
It’s also possible that instead of permanently deleting your emails, you mistakenly moved them to the ‘Archive’ folder. So, before coming to a final conclusion, you need to look at your Yahoo account’s archive folder to recover any deleted emails:
- You must be signed in to your Yahoo account to do this.
- Click the ‘Mail’ icon in the upper right corner.
- Then in the left menu you will see some options, click ‘Archive’.
- Search for deleted emails in the Archive folder, if you find the email you are looking for just check the box next to it and click ‘Recover to Inbox’.
Solution 3: Check your spam folder
The next thing you need to do is check your spam folder because you may have accidentally moved your email to the spam folder; The ‘Spam’ button is next to the ‘Delete’ button in your Yahoo account, so to make sure the email doesn’t end up in the spam folder, follow the steps below:
- Once you’re signed in to your Yahoo account, click the ‘Mail’ icon located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Then in the left menu you will see some options, click ‘Spam’.
- Search for deleted emails in the Spam folder, if you see the email you’re looking for just check the box next to it and click ‘Back to Inbox’.
Note – Emails in Spam folder are automatically deleted after 30 days; so make sure you are fast enough to recover lost email.
Solution 4: Send a request to Yahoo to recover deleted email
If none of the above methods work for you, there is one last solution you can try. You can send a request to Yahoo to recover emails that you accidentally deleted or accidentally lost in the past few days. This may or may not work depending on when you deleted your email.
- Sign in to your Yahoo account
- Then visit this link in new tab- https://help.yahoo.com/kb/recover-lost-deleted-emails-sln2552.html; Click the “Submit Refund Request” button.
- On the next page, you need to first describe your problem and then mention the number of hours you last saw the missing messages; then enter your Yahoo ID and then enter an ID that Yahoo can use to contact you. Once you’ve entered all the information, click ‘Create Request’.
- You will then receive an email from Yahoo saying your request has been submitted and it may take up to 8 hours to recover deleted messages. So wait for 8 hours and if you still haven’t received your email you can check all the folders in your Yahoo Mail account. Also, check your junk folder as the email may have ended up there.
So here is how you can easily recover permanently deleted emails from Yahoo.
Frequently asked questions
P1. Can you recover Yahoo emails that were deleted years ago?
A1. No, you cannot recover deleted yahoo emails from years ago, because Yahoo only gives you the option to recover emails deleted in the last 7 days.
Q2. How long does Yahoo keep deleted emails?
A2. Yahoo only keeps deleted emails for 1 week; within that one week, you can recover email from the ‘Trash’ folder or submit a recovery request to Yahoo.
Q3. Why do emails disappear from Yahoo Inbox?
Emails can disappear from your Yahoo inbox for a number of reasons such as:
- The email went to the wrong folder.
- Incorrect settings caused the email to be deleted
- You accidentally deleted an email.
- Email has disappeared due to virus or malware attack.
Q4. Where Did Deleted Yahoo Emails Go?
A4. Emails that you delete from your Yahoo account will stay in the trash folder for 7 days; if more than 7 days have passed, those emails may have been permanently deleted and will be stored on the server; then it will be permanently deleted.
P5. How long does it take to recover deleted Yahoo emails?
A5. If you are recovering deleted emails from the ‘Trash’ folder, this should only take a few minutes. You just need to select the email from the ‘Trash’ folder and then click ‘Restore to Inbox’.
If you’ve submitted a request to Yahoo to recover deleted email, this process may take up to 24 hours or longer to complete.
Also read – Reset Yahoo account password.