Getting errors in the process of using the program is almost inevitable. So does the Spotify app. Common error codes you may encounter include error code 3, error code 4, error code 30, error code 53, error code 17, etc. PKB News has noticed this and decided to provide useful measures Helpful to properly troubleshoot Spotify error code 17. Now everyone can easily access multiple tracks with a Spotify account. They can sign up for Spotify online directly by visiting the official website or by downloading the Spotify app on their device.
How to fix Spotify error code 17?
Spotify is a popular digital music streaming platform that gives users access to millions of songs and podcasts from around the world. The application was developed on 23 April 2006 by creators Daniel Ek and Martin for a private network for popular Swedish media providers used for audio streaming. The platform is a globally known music streaming service with a substantial user base. Moreover, this app is considered as one of the popular American Depository Receipts traded on the New York Stock Exchange. In addition to its music streaming services, Spotify offers a wide variety of podcasts, including exclusive content from famous creators such as Joe Rogan, Michelle Obama, and The New York Times. The platform also makes it easier for creators to upload their own podcasts and reach a wider audience.
This is how you can fix Spotify Error Code 17.
FIX 1 – GUARANTEE THE WINDOWS INSTALLATION SERVICE IS STARTED
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “services.msc” in the Run dialog box and then press Enter.
- In the Services window, scroll down and find the “Windows Installer” service.
- Right click on the “Windows Installer” service and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, under the General tab, make sure that the Startup Type is set to “Automatic” and the Service Status is set to “Running”.
- If the startup type is set to “Manual” or “Disabled”, change it to “Automatic” and click the Start button below the service status to start the service.
- Press the Apply button and then click OK to save the changes.
- Restart your computer and try to install the software again.
FIX 2 – ALLOW SPOTIFY THROUGH THE WALL OF FIRE
Here are the steps to allow Spotify through your firewall:
Open the Windows Start menu and type “Firewall” in the search bar. Select “Windows Defender Firewall” from the results.
Click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” on the left side of the window.
Click “Change settings” to allow the app’s whitelist to be changed.
Scroll down to find “Spotify” in the list of apps and make sure that the boxes next to “Private” and “Public” are checked.
If you don’t see “Spotify” in the list, click “Allow other apps…” and find the Spotify.exe file in the folder where you installed the program.
Check the boxes next to “Spotify” to allow it to bypass the firewall, then click “OK” to save your changes.
After performing these steps, Spotify will be allowed to go through your firewall and will no longer have any connection problems.
FIX 3 – Undo recent changes via SYSTEM RESTORE
FIX 4 – GREAT GUIDE TO SYSTEM RESTORE IN WINDOWS 10
This is why Spotify cannot run Error Code 17. Error Code 17 is a common problem that users may encounter when trying to install or update Spotify on their Windows device. This error usually occurs because the application fails to start and can be caused by a number of factors. One of the most common reasons for this error is when the Windows Installer service is not running or is disabled. This service is responsible for installing software updates and uninstalling on Windows devices, and if this service is not running or disabled, it may cause problems when installing or updating applications. . Error code 17 can be caused by the following reasons such as –
- virus attack
- Registration of corruption
- Problem with firewall settings
- Incomplete software installation
- Broken Spotify installer download
- Windows Installer service terminated
- Invalid internet port or unsecured proxy
- et cetera.
Most people are around 184 regions where Spotify is mostly used on a daily basis, including regions like Europe, America, and Oceania. Various gadgets support the service in multiple locations, including Windows, macOS and Linux computers, iOS and Android mobile phones and tablets, and home appliances such as the popular Amazon product line Echo and Google Nest.
We hope you find this information useful. Thank you for being a patient reader.