Yahoo is one of the Internet users’ favorite email clients for a number of well known reasons. From features to interface, Yahoo definitely offers something that stands out. One such feature is the ‘auto forward’ provided by yahoo mail, where it forwards your email to the address you want.
For example, you have a large number of email addresses and do not have time to check each one. As a result, you may miss out on some of the most important high-priority emails. To avoid missing important e-mail messages, Yahoo allows you to forward Yahoo messages to any other e-mail application, preferably the one you sign in to every day.
Not a joke! You can use Yahoo mail forwarding and make your email more organized. Let’s start the procedure.
Forward Yahoo Mail to another email address
If you want to forward Yahoo mail (for the latest version of Yahoo) to any other email address, here are the steps:
Let’s start with these steps:
- Sign in to your Yahoo account, click the ‘Mail’ option in the upper right corner.
- In the upper right corner, click on the ‘Account Info’ option and a drop-down menu will appear; click ‘Settings’ and then ‘Go’ next to it.
- On the right hand side you will see a section where you can edit your account information, scroll down and in the ‘Forward’ text box enter the email you want to forward the email to.
- Scroll up and click on the ‘Save’ option located in the left column at the top.
So you can easily forward your Yahoo email to any other email address.
Forwarding Yahoo emails to any other email client using the above process is easy. But that’s the basic version of Yahoo. If you want to try the latest version of Yahoo, the steps are slightly different. For example, you have a Gmail account and want to forward all your Yahoo emails to that account using the basic version. Allow me to briefly introduce you to that to make it easier for you.
How to forward Yahoo Mail to Gmail?
To forward Yahoo emails to Gmail, make sure that the Gmail address is not the one set as the recovery email address for Yahoo. See the steps:
- Sign in to your Yahoo account in a web browser and click the ‘Mail’ icon in the upper right corner to open your Yahoo inbox.
- Click the ‘switch to latest Yahoo mail’ option located in the upper right corner.
- Tab on the “Settings” icon on the right, then click the “More Settings” option located at the bottom
- Click on the ‘Mailbox’ option provided in the left column.
- Then click your Yahoo email address to edit your settings.
- Scroll down in the right column and you will find a ‘Forward’ option where you can simply enter your Gmail address to forward your Yahoo mail account to your Gmail account; Click ‘Save’ to confirm the changes.
This will automatically forward all your yahoo mail to your Gmail account. No need to sign in to Yahoo mail to access your e-mail.
You can forward emails from your Gmail account in a similar way.
How to fix Yahoo Mail Forwarding not working?
Getting an error while forwarding Yahoo emails to another email account? Yes, this can happen too.
Here are the steps to help you get rid of the error:
- Make sure the device is properly connected to the Internet.
- Check if Yahoo mail is supported by the browser you are using, if so, make sure it is up to date.
- Make sure the email address you entered for email forwarding is completely correct.
- Web browser extensions like add-ons or plug-ins can also cause problems with email forwarding. Please remove any such plugin and try email forwarding.
- Try accessing your Yahoo account from another device. If you can do this, then the problem is with your computer or laptop.
READ THE NEXT PART HERE:
Why isn’t Yahoo Mail working on Chrome?
Why is Yahoo Mail not receiving emails?
Yahoo account not working in Outlook
Why isn’t Yahoo Mail loading on my iPad?
Yahoo’s SMTP server is down